Tax Preparation in Chicago
Tax preparation requires tax planning. And tax planning should be done throughout the year. For that reason, at our Chicago CPA firm, it is always tax season.
Our tax department prepares tax returns for businesses and individuals, manages quarterly tax payments, provides creative tax planning, and negotiates with the IRS and the state on behalf of our clients. Most importantly, we keep our clients out of tax trouble!
Taxes are notoriously complicated. Most businesses, as well as individuals with complex situations, will save time and money by working with a tax and accounting firm, rather than attempting to navigate the tax rules on their own.
So don't wait. Call Massey and Company, your Chicago CPA - for tax season and all year round!
Work With Us
Tax season is always coming! Are you prepared?
With offices in Atlanta and Chicago, Massey and Company CPA is a tax and accounting firm with over 30 years of experience. We can help you save money on your taxes and get the biggest refund possible. We also offer free consultations so you can talk with us about your specific situation.
With offices in Atlanta and Chicago, Massey and Company CPA is a full service accounting firm. We do it all: tax preparation, tax planning, and accounting and bookkeeping for businesses.
Our taxpayer representation and IRS tax debt relief solutions include offers in compromise, payment plans (installment agreements), liens, levies, wage garnishments and audits.
You don't want to spend days figuring out how to do your taxes. Let the experts at Massey and Company CPA take care of it for you.
Schedule an appointment with Massey and Company CPA today!
Individual Tax Return Services in Chicago
If you’re looking for personal tax preparation in Chicago, look no further than Massey and Company CPA. We bring decades of tax and accounting experience to the Windy City, and we can help you get the most out of your tax return.
We offer a variety of services to our clients, including:
- Tax return preparation
- Tax planning
- IRS and state tax audits, including IRS audit letters and CP2000 responses
- Quarterly taxes for business owners and independent contractors
- Back taxes
- IRS representation, negotiation and problem solving
Don’t wait until the IRS deadlines are upon us to start your taxes. Call Massey and Company CPA today and schedule a free consultation. We’ll help you plan and prepare for your taxes to get the largest refund possible.
The sooner you start, the more money you could save. With offices in Atlanta and Chicago, Massey and Company CPA offers free consultations. Schedule an appointment today!
Small Business Tax Return Services in Chicago
As a small business owner or real estate investor, you have enough to worry about without stressing over your taxes. That’s where Massey and Company CPA comes in. We are experts at business tax preparation and planning, and we can help you save time and money on your taxes.
We’ve been helping small businesses and real estate investors with their taxes for many years, and we have the experience and knowledge to help you as well. We’ll work with you to ensure that you’re taking advantage of all the deductions and credits available to you, and we’ll make sure your tax return is filed correctly and on time.
We are also skilled at sales taxes. The states are becoming increasingly aggressive on sales tax matters. We can keep the state sales tax auditor out of your hair, whether your business is brick and mortar, ecommerce or multi-state.
Industries that we serve include professional service firms (doctors, dentists, veterinarians and law firms), consultants, technology, commercial and residential real estate investors, realtors, nonprofits and more.
Our small business CPA services include cost segregation and 1031 exchanges for real estate investors, R&D credits for technology-based businesses and sales tax nexus studies for eCommerce.
Importantly, our firm is full service, providing tax, accounting and bookkeeping services to small businesses and real estate investors. Tax planning is easier when all services are offered under one roof.
Tips for choosing the right tax preparer for your needs
When choosing a tax preparer, you should keep a few things in mind.
1. You want to make sure that the tax preparer is reputable and has experience preparing taxes for businesses and individuals in your city.
2. You want to make sure that the tax preparer is familiar with the tax laws of your state.
3. Finally, you want to make sure that the tax preparer is someone you feel comfortable working with. This includes being responsive and returning messages and emails promptly.
At Massey and Company CPA, we meet all of these criteria and more. We're a reputable tax and accounting firm with over 30 years of experience preparing taxes for businesses and individuals throughout the country. We're familiar with the laws and regulations of Illinois. Our clients praise our responsiveness and friendliness - we are here to help you every step of the way!
5 Common mistakes made during tax preparation
1. One of the most common mistakes made during tax preparation is neglecting to take advantage of all the deductions and credits available. This can cost you money in the long run.
2. Another common mistake is being overly aggressive on deductions. In other words, watch out for "red flags." These can lead to an audit by the IRS or the state.
3. Some taxpayers do not keep accurate accounting and bookkeeping records or maintain receipts. Careful record keeping will “audit proof” your business.
4. Some people try to prepare their accounting records and tax returns without professional help. However, most people do not have the skill or the time to do this properly.
5. Finally, procrastination is commonplace. Filing tax returns late results in fees and interest charges. And neglecting to do accounting on a regular basis, including monthly bank reconciliations, leads to missed tax deductions and messy bookkeeping which is expensive and time consuming to fix.
At Massey and Company CPA, we have decades of experience in both tax and accounting. We will guide you throughout the process, helping you to avoid these common mistakes and keeping you out of tax trouble.
A: When choosing a local tax professional, it is essential to consider their experience, qualifications, and fees. Check online testimonials from existing clients to determine their reputation and what it is like to work with them. Ask about billing arrangements – fixed fees, rather than billable hours, are almost always best for the client.
A: The most common tax liabilities are federal and state individual income taxes, self-employment taxes, corporate taxes and sales taxes. Some of these taxes need to be paid quarterly. It is best to work with a tax firm that has deep experience with all of these taxes.
A: File your tax return on time even without payment. Your CPA firm will then be able to negotiate a payment arrangement for you with the IRS or the state. Arrangements include offers in compromise, instalment agreements and non-collectable status.
Contact Us Today
Tax preparation can be a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. Using a reputable tax preparer with many years of experience can help you avoid common mistakes and save you time, money, and stress.
At Massey and Company CPA, we are here to help you every step of the way. Give us a call today to see how we can help you with your tax preparation needs! We'll help you plan and prepare for your taxes to get the biggest refund possible.
Call our Chicago number today at 773-828-0551. We will be happy to welcome you to our tax and accounting family!