The thought of IRS trouble, “red flags” and audits are enough to worry any business owner. In this podcast, we talk about how to avoid IRS tax problems, and what to do if they arise.
In the podcast, we cover a variety of topics including:
- Organizing your business for tax preparation
- Tax calendar and tax due dates
- Quarterly taxes
- S corporations and LLCs
- Red flags for audits
- How to best use QuickBooks Online
- Tax planning
- Communication with your CPA or tax preparer
- Annual requirement to prepare Form 1099 for your to contractors
- What to do when a letter or notice comes in the mail from the IRS or the state Department of Revenue
- Tax penalties and interest
- Negotiating with the IRS
- Offer in compromise
- IRS hardship program
To access our full interview on the business owner’s guide to money click here.
If you liked this recording about how to avoid IRS trouble, you may also like the business owner’s guide to money podcast for additional stories about entrepreneurship.
For questions about tax, accounting or IRS matters, feel free to call Massey and Company CPA at 678-235-5460 or 773-828-0551. You are also welcome to contact us by email at gary.massey@masseyandcompanyCPA.com.
Massey and Company CPA is a boutique tax and accounting firm serving individuals and small businesses in Atlanta, Chicago and throughout the country. Our services include tax return preparation, tax planning for businesses and individuals, IRS tax problem resolution, IRS audit defense, sales taxes, and small business accounting and bookkeeping.
We want to be your CPA firm!